Monday, July 12, 2010

Hey look! A new post....and a new design

Yeah "Stories" has been a bit stale for the last month or so. Honestly, I've just been running on empty for a month and have not felt like doing much updating. I thought I was finished in Calgary, but then I ended up in Houston only to find out I wasn't done in Calgary plus I've got an understudy to train in Denver. Add into that a rambunctious (almost) two year old, wife and a 70 mile bike race I've been meaning to train for and you can see how the time has gotten away from me.

We have definitely not been letting the grass grow under our feet, we've been out and about and have lots going on. As noted, I spent three or four weeks in Houston (in June - ugh) and have been getting some time at home as well. While in Houston I did get to meet up with some Solarc friends and the Kerr family for some good food. Believe me when I tell you that I have been eating my fair share of Lupe Tortillas beef fajitas while in Houston.

We had a great time up in Breckenridge for the 4th of July. Yack & MJ flew up and rented us a really nice house in the mountains near Breck, which was a really welcome retreat. I could hop on my bike, ride up a dirt road for 1.5 miles and be on some really great singletrack trails. 5 adults, 2 kids under two and 4 dogs - good thing we had an enormous house!

So for today, I leave you with one of our best pics from our visit up to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper at the end of May.

No comments: