Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More from Maui

In an attempt to remind Jim and Judy why they chose to live 1000+ miles from their grandchildren, the parents left all three kids with Jim and Judy and we headed to Hana. We were on the complete opposite side of the island, so despite leaving at 6am we would be gone till well after 6pm that evening. Some sights from along the way.

An empty black sand beach was a nice place to start our day
From Hawaii


I think this photo completely captures the scene, and may be one of my favorites from the trip. Jill and I went into a lava tube cave and walked to the edge of the water. Just then a big wave came in and drenched Jill, and I of course was ready to snap a pic of it.
From Hawaii


Just me and my girl
From Hawaii



From Hawaii


Inside the lava tube cave again
From Hawaii


After ambling over to Hana, we did hit up the Seven Sacred Pools and then hiked up to this enormous waterfall.
From Hawaii


The next day we all kept close to home and relieved Jim and Judy of the sitting duties. Lauren got to soak in the kiddie pool at the Ritz.
From Hawaii



From Hawaii

No comments: