Friday, April 07, 2006

1825 days of wedded bliss

or 5 years if you prefer.....

Today 5 years ago Jill & I got married in Estes Park, CO. In a strange twist we never saw coming, we now live about 30 miles from the very place we got married. Its been a great 5 years, in fact I'm not sure how it could have been any better. Some events/trips/milestones we've hit over the last 5 years:

1. Added Molly to our family
2. Traveled to San Diego, San Francisco, all over Alaska, all over Colorado, all over Utah, Houston for the Alamo Bowl, San Antonio for the Final 4
3. I left Solarc & Tulsa for Outlaw Technologies and Boulder County. Jill left Ryno for Hunter Douglas
4. Skied a whole lot of days, done some scary white wafter rafting, biked a lot of cool trails, and hiked some gorgeous terrain all over CO and Utah.
5. Stayed as smitten as we were 5 years ago in Estes Park, which I consider to be the biggest accomplishment of all.

We've got lots of things to look forward to in the next 5, 10, ...or 50 years as well. Every year of our live's seem to get better, so I can only await the glorious times to come while I enjoy the current day. And to answer the proverbial question of "what did you get Jill?", well you'll have to wait for another day or two as she doesn't know yet. I've got a strong hint that my gift comes in the form of some REI Gift cards, a perfect gift for me as I spend lots of time in REI.

I think we'll celebrate day 1 of our 5th year with some spring skiing at Winter Park. Day 2 looks like mountain biking....

No comments: