Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Break on through

liberate - grant freedom to; free from confinement

Tonight was liberating for sure. Finally the snow is starting to disappear (after 60+ days of measurable snow pack here) and I finally was able to get out, albeit just around the neighborhood and brake the ball and chain that is the trainer.



Nothing fancy, nothing too long, but it was outside and it was spontaneous. I dug out my lights, which hadn't been charged in many months but they held charge and lit up the night admirably. I cruised around, meandering with no real path or goal but I spun for 6+ miles on the SS regardless. Would have stayed out longer, but I neglected to put on my toe covers and my shoes vent WAY too well for 40 degree temps and my toes were freezing quickly.

The big and exciting news is that tomorrow night Nancy the Niner gets to taste real trail. Yes that's right, even though I had previously nixed Nancy for a name for the new bike, I've since reconsidered. Brandt made a valid point when I told him that "Nancy the Niner was too predictable" to which he countered with "Yeah Ruby the Roubaix is really unpredictable."

Touche Senor Brandt.

So tomorrow night I'll be huffing and puffing around the Boulder Res making my 29er SS trail debut and try to keep the uber fast Redstone crowd in sight. It will undoubtedly be painful and punishing, but it will be splendid to be back on a trail at last.

Trail at last, trail at last. I thank God I'm on a trail at last.

No comments: