Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom.



For those in the know, the title is probably a bit weird. From the time I was very little, I've called my Mom by her name, Martha, pretty much exclusively. Well I felt today's birthday called for something out of the ordinary. Not being able to be there for birthday's/holidays is a big drawback of living in CO, but it doesn't mean we aren't still close.

So a big "its the new 50" birthday to Martha. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you today, but we'll look forward to the delayed party in a month or so. So to mark the occasion, I dug up some old photos we found at my Grandma's house a couple years ago that show Martha, the younger years...

Grandma Mary displaying the 4th Goodman child, Martha


7 kids and one tired donkey


John, Nancy, Martha and Becky

No comments: