Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The calm before the storm.

I don't typically get too worked up when the weather folks around here start their four days of lead up on how terrible the impending snow storm is, frankly because they aren't typically correct. Usually when they call for 2 feet, we end up with a trace so this latest round didn't really register much with me. Today was supposed to be the last nice day, and while it took a bit to get there we ended up with a bit of nice weather.

Cooper just absolutely loves playing outside, so when the weather is poor we end up with a cranky little boy who stands at the backdoor and yells at us. He doesn't understand why the dogs get to go outside and he doesn't. So today we bundled him up a bit and headed out to play. I brought out the camera, as always, and shot lots of pics. I really loved a lot of the shots we got today. In an order to get away from my iMac though, I decided to just start with 5 photos tonight and I'll be adding the rest in the next couple days.


From Day before the storm


From Day before the storm


From Day before the storm


From Day before the storm


From Day before the storm



As we played outside, the sunny, snow capped peaks in the background started quickly disappearing. I kept an anxious eye to the sky, but then ultimately decided at 2:30 that the time was now. I bundled up and headed West to find some dry dirt before the storm. Pondering my options, I ended up at Hall Ranch. I really love Hall, but people call it "AssHall's Ranch" for a reason. Typically overrun with CU frat boys that can't bring themselves to yield to uphill riders as to not harsh their flow, but on a weekday at 3pm its likely empty and the descent is hard to beat.

Drove over to Lyons, grabbed a parking spot in town and then off I started pedaling. Took the quicker option and climbed up the Antelope trail, did a quick loop and then the descent through the rock garden back to town. Stopped up on the loop for a quick call with my Mom, snapped a pic or two and then headed down.


From Day before the storm



As I hit the bottom parking lot, the skies started to open up. I would have preferred snow, but it was rain mostly, with some slushy stuff mixed in too. Not a problem for me with only a mile of downhill on the road back to the car, but wondered about the people I passed heading up in SHORTS! Wow, they must have been frozen when they got back.

Back to the car and loaded up, Betty the Yeti was pleased to have gotten out. And so was I.


From Day before the storm

No comments: