Monday, August 10, 2015

How did 7 years go by so fast

Cooper is 7. I am still trying to grasp that, and I know we will have to learn to live with the fact my little boy is gone. We are trying to enjoy the trip, but sometimes it is hard to remember to cherish the small stuff.  It just goes by so quick.

Cooper showing off his toothless grin (We have lost 3 teeth)

To start off his big boy birthday we went to downtown Denver to the new Splash pad they have built. It was really nice and huge.  The kids had a great time. 

Lauren Dodging the spray
 She is slowing down a little
 Cooper was much more difficult to get on film- he was just too fast
 A very happy birthday boy
 Both kids :)
After having our fill of splash pad, we headed to a restaurant on the 16th Street Mall to eat with Martha, Jack, Sarah and the  girls. We rode the bus, which may have been Lauren favorite part of the day. After lunch we headed home for a little quite time and then met everyone for dinner at Cooper's choice (Pei Wei) and then home for cake and the best part for Cooper - presents ;)
Cooper with his Cake
 Opening presents
 An Awesome Bug Book from Uncle J and Auntie K
 Keeping the streamer tradition for Birthdays
 He wanting some hanging from the ceiling -since he sleeps on the top bunk most night
We had a wonderful birthday weekend and were glad that Frumpy and Yak were able to come and celebrate with us. I know I will blink and we will be sending him to college, so I have got to slow down and enjoy these days. We start 1st grade in  a few weeks, and I know once school starts time will really fly by. I hope that I do a better job with blogs this fall, but I would not count on it.


No comments: