Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cake or Death? You said death first.....

I attended my 3rd Cake concert last night at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver. Overall a great show, although I wished the set would have been a bit longer. They played some of my favorites such as “Frank Sinatra”, “Italian Leather Sofa”, and “Sheep Go to Heaven”. Plus they played all the bigger radio hits like “The Distance”, “Never There”, “Short Skirt, Long Jacket”, etc. The Fillmore was a cool place to see a show, nice open venue that was mainly smoke free.

 

Cake has certainly polished there stage show since the first time I saw them way back in 97 in that tiny now defunct venue in Tulsa, OK. As always at Cake concerts, the crowd was very diverse and eclectic but everyone seemed to mesh just fine. Good to get out and see a good show in a new to me venue, makes me anxious to see some more good shows.

 

Next show for me will be Coldplay at the Pepsi Center with Fiona Apple opening up.

No comments: