Sunday, February 05, 2006

I won the lottery!

Woohoo! Jill always tries to get me to buy Powerball tickets, and I never do. One time when the jackpot was over $300 million, we bought two tickets ($1 each). Of course we didn't hit anything even remotely close. Well the jackpot yesterday was somewhere around $185 million and I decided I'd play. I took $20 in and bought 10 tickets with the Powerplay option ($1 per ticket). It was an interesting experience. I didn't know what to do and had to have the clerk assist me. Then I made the mistake of trying to pay via credit card (I pay for everything on a credit card as I never carry cash). Oops. Cash Only....

So I hit the ATM and get my ticket. Last night the numbers come up and one of my 10 entries has the right Powerball. Now I'm rolling in the cash. I do a quick scan and see not only did I hit the right Powerball number, but I hit 1 of the other 5 numbers correctly. At this point I start dreaming of my new house in the mountains....

Check my big winnings....I wonder if they'll just pay me in installments or what.....Let's see here Powerball + 1 number pays out....$16! Heck yeah, I won the lottery baby! And I only lost $4 total! Its a fun experiment and we'll likely just cash in our $16 prize and get 8 more numbers for the next drawing since no one won the $185 million.

Now to pick out my new car I'll buy when I hit my next big lottery payout....

1 comment:

debaser said...

Sounds like a good way to spend $4 on entertainment!