Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SolArc Ascent 2007

In 7 years of working at Solarc, I never once attended the user conference. In fact, I avoided it at all costs even when lots of my buddies headed down to do various duties. Last year when I started at MarkWest, my first week on the job coincided with Ascent and I didn't go. This year, I've been really looking forward to Ascent and after 3 days of catching up with a lot of my old friends, it lived up to my expectations.

The common theme seemed to be everyone having more kids than I expected. The list of friends I got to catch up with is extensive, and several people I didn't expect to see showed up too, like Lisa Garcia and Kelly Stocksen. Lots of story telling with Cliff and Duke, hearing the ins and outs with Jake and just enjoying getting to see what all craziness has transpired in the 3 years I've been gone. Time definitely has not stood still, we've all grown up and changed and matured (well not Cliff) but the overwhelming thing we all had in common is that everyone truly seemed to be as happy as I've ever seen. Of course, that could have just been due to the open tab at the SkyBar....

No comments: