Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Toy Shopping Time

No not for me, I do that pretty much all year long. I mean Toys for Tots shopping, which has become a steadfast White family tradition. This year Jill & I are doing two rounds, one here in Colorado and then another in Oklahoma with Martha & Yack. The first round happened last Sunday, after meeting up with Sarah and Bill & Chris Houston for some brunch, the 5 of us headed out to Target to fill up some baskets with toys.

We carefully cruised the aisles looking for just the right mix of toys for old and young, boys and girls. Of course I had to stop and reminisce at the toys of my youth that have suddenly made a comeback (like G.I. Joe & Transformers), before continuing on my way.

When all was said and done the 5 of us had filled up 6 shopping baskets of toys. Hopefully these will find some kids who need a little Christmas cheer.

Some pics from the end of the shopping:

Jill posing with one of the baskets


6 baskets later...



The funny part was the strange, often glaring, looks we got from people likely thinking "What kind of spoiled brats do these people have?" as we grabbed toys rapidly. Most people weren't subtle at all as they gawked, but we just had fun with it.

No comments: