Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Everything I needed to know about parenting...

For the few not in the know, the internet sites and gossip magazines are true, and in the immortal words of the ever so poetic Matthew McConaughey "we made a baby". Neither of us is well versed in this whole kid thing, but when things are the darkest, sometimes you're given light.

Cue Aunt Becky to the rescue. Becky, my Mom's sister, is a legendary mother herself with parenting skills that rivaled those of my own Mothers. I'm sure her motherly senses were abuzz knowing that Jill and I have no clue, and she stepped up with what will undoubtedly be our "go to book" when this kid arrives.

Below I've pasted some of the most helpful images from the book, which has already shown me that some of my instinctive moves are in fact not correct. So gaze below and hopefully you can learn to be a better parent as well....







And for anyone that needs the whole book, you can find it here on Amazon...
Link to the book...

3 comments:

Marni said...

Congratulations! I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! It totally makes it worth having to read through all those biking posts to see a post like this. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel. Congratulations. I don't know how I missed this post for 2 weeks.