Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to reality

Both Jill and I are back to reality tonight. Jill had Blake, Charla, Cayton and Vivian to hang out with and see the sights all last week, and I was back in CO to do the same late Tuesday last week. Now this week I go back to M-Th and Jill and Cooper are back to their own devices.

On top of having the Doerrs in town, Blake and I also hooked up with Doug Wick's bachelor party weekend in Denver Friday night. Doug, Denton, Weber, Blake and I got to catch up, in a strangely transcendent conversation where it was like it was 2002 all over again. Despite being scattered across three states, two continents and a whole bunch of frequent flier miles between all of us, it was like old times. The entire group seems to be doing incredibly well, and each happy in their own path they've chosen.

I just about made Blake & I late for dinner Friday night as Cooper and Vivian were playing together on the floor. Vivian is mobile and would flip and crawl towards Cooper, and they would both just fixate on each other. Very cute stuff, that was way more cute in person than what I captured in my hasty photos but oh well....

From Cooper and Vivian


From Cooper and Vivian


From Cooper and Vivian


And the last pic is Cooper with his new bear. Cassandra Dickson sent us a really neat book and this bear that Cooper has become incredibly attached to already. Anytime Cooper is laying on the couch or in his car seat, he is much happier with the bear.

From Cooper and Vivian


So a great weekend that we got to see friends, eat some great food, and I squeezed in two bike rides! More on the bike rides later, gotta sleep and then close my eyes and wake up in San Antonio. Thursdays never come soon enough.

No comments: