Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Road

Life on the road is different, and unusual. Sure your weekend trips to some exotic location may make it seem somewhat glamorous, but every week the shine fades in a hurry. Business travelers do get some perks, but you've got to earn them. I've finally this week hit my first major traveling milestone, Gold at Marriot hotels. In a couple weeks, I'll hit Premier on United Airlines.

These small perks make the travel bearable, but as weeks go by I have some observations about traveling:

Walking out to the hotel parking lot and trying to remember what color Camry you're driving this week...

Trying to be adventurous and try different restaurants, all while typically dining solo...

Getting greeted by name by the hotel staff, not a good thing...

Being super excited to get back to your home airport, then not remembering where you parked...

Tallying up expenses...Blah.

Working out in the hotel's pathetic excuse for a weight room, seriously who can ride those super crappy LifeCyles?

Yeah all those things suck, but every Thursday when I step through the door to two very happy pups, a gorgeous wife and a grinning little boy I forget all about it for a couple days until I pack the small suitcase and head for the airport all over again.

No comments: