Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I will survive

Well I went under the knife for the ruptured achilles, my first surgery, and it wasn't too bad. Arrived at 7:30, and was back at our house by around noon. I remember being wheeled into the surgery room, then waking up in the recovery room feeling strangely fine.

All is going well thus far, except stumbling last night and putting some weight on to the bum leg and suffering through an hour of pretty intense pain till the pain killers started working. All things considered, its been good so far.

In a cast and on crutches for the next week, but then I at least get the freedom of the walking boot. Not sure how long I'll have to sport the boot, but its so much easier than crutches.

Go back to the doc in a week, and at that point should find out the essentials like "How long before I can ride the stationary bike?"

Let the rehab commence.

No comments: