Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Disneyland with Toddlers

I have heard lots of people say Disneyland is great for littler ones, and others just give me a frighten look when I mention we were going. But despite this we prepared to take on the Magic Kingdom.... and I for one am so glad we did. Both kids were great and I think had a great time, and I know Joel and I will have great memories of our trip.   We knew it was going to be a long day, so our goal was slow and steady, getting to the park right when it opened we decided to go to Adventure land  first.

Cooper and I on the bus right from the parking lot

We checked out the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, which right after it was over, Cooper did not like, but after a few hours, it was the best ride ever.  Next we checked out Tarzan's Tree house, and then we hit some more rides. Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, and it's a small World were a big hit. We were really lucky that the park was not too packed, and the longest line was probably about 35 minutes. 
 Lauren waiting in Line - We were really lucky that the lines were not that long. 
 Lauren Rocking Dad's sunglasses on It's a Small World
After we rode Winnie the Pooh twice, I asked Cooper and Lauren if they wanted to ride Splash Mountain. Cooper said no, but Lauren was in. I asked her several times, but she kept telling me yes.  I was so proud, but she did tell me "I scared" after it was over.  I felt bad, that it scared her, but she was on another roller coaster at Legoland the next day. That's my girl :).
  On to other locations, Mickey's house, and Tomorrow land, were we able to check out some super hero's.

 Lauren in front of the Iron Man Costumes - Cooper was able to play a video game where he was able to control an Iron Man on the screen.
 Joel had done enough research to know that they had Jedi Training for kids 5-12. So we made sure to be at the correct place at the right time to make sure that Cooper was able to at least watch and hopefully participate.  Well with lots of jumping and yelling Cooper was choose to train with the Jedi.

Getting ready to take start his training

Following his instructors
 This little cutie was not old enough, but she sure is cute!
 Darth Vador came up from under the stage.... it was great



Cooper making a pledge to use the force only for good!
 Lauren and Dad riding the submarine 
We had a great, but long day. I think when all was said and done, we spent 12 hours in the park. The kids were great and we will have great memories of Disneyland. We may have to go again when the kids are older to ride the really FUN rides. 

No comments: