Sunday, November 26, 2006

Lots to be thankful for

A big weekend packed with food, family and sporting events. My parents flew in for the weekend and my sister cooked up an impressive spread for the big dinner. We took in a lot of sporting events, some with good outcomes and some with the bad guys winning. While not the typical on the go weekend we usually find ourselves submersed in, but it was quite nice to have a relaxing time with the family.

When you get down to it, Thanksgiving is for eating too much, being thankful for all the great things in your life and lounging around with friends like Yack & Sarah's dog Dora...


Or Sarah and her other pooch Mia


Or Molly and her latest favorite toy


And despite the binge-fest, I did the impossible. I somehow lost weight despite my best efforts to do just the contrary. Not a lot of weight, 1 measly pound, but progress is progress. I was off my training program for 3 days, but I was due for a couple days rest anyway. I got back on the trainer for a couple hours tonight, and I'm going to be doing that routine quite a bit in the upcoming week. Now the next step is to alter my lunch diets to stop taking in so many calories and the poundage should start falling off even more quickly.

Before the trainer session, Jill and I took the dogs out for a quick hike at Lion's Gulch. We didn't get started until 2:30, so we weren't going to get too far, but the dogs got to expend some energy and play around which made them quite happy. Grabbed a couple pics from our outing...









No comments: