Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh to be a kid again...

Youth is wasted on the young. By the time you realize you aren't invincible, you've already started the downhill slide. I have had the great pleasure of being home for several weeks in a row, and despite having to still put in a normal work day I've gotten to be a part of every day life for Cooper.

Today we went and looked at a house that I've always thought "if that house ever goes up for sale...", but ultimately it just isn't really for us right now. It is a place that looks amazing from the road, but despite having 5 acres and a lot of potential, it still needed quite a bit of work and money invested. The money part is easier to come by than the time. As I walked through the house, I just kept thinking to myself "I don't want to spend all my time at home doing home improvement projects". So after we got back and I put in some work, Jill was making dinner and cleaning the house and she asked me to watch Cooper in the backyard, a task I'll take over vacuuming any day.

At first I was finishing up some work on my laptop while sitting on the step in the backyard, but I looked up and just chuckled to myself as Cooper was just being himself. So full of life and just a sponge for everything going on, I decided work would wait and I grabbed my camera.


No idea what he found, but it sure caught his attention
From Cooper in the backyard

These two will surely be getting into trouble together for years

From Cooper in the backyard


From Cooper in the backyard


From Cooper in the backyard


From Cooper in the backyard

Despite looking sad here, he actually picked some sunflowers and took them to Jill. Already learning how to work the ladies...

From Cooper in the backyard

And then quickly back to mischief

From Cooper in the backyard


From Cooper in the backyard


From Cooper in the backyard



From Cooper in the backyard

No comments: