Monday, May 07, 2007

Betty's 07 debut delayed

Friday was scheduled to be the day I finally got Betty the Yeti out of the basement to chew up some Front Range trail goodness. A coworker of mine & I were planning to skip out of work and hit the trails Friday afternoon, but the weather had other things in store for the foothills. We've been in a very unsettled weather pattern, one where it is either raining or its about to rain, for the last week or so.

I did the unthinkable and actually drove myself to work on Friday so I could have transportation to/from the trails without hassle. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that driving yourself pretty much sucks. Traffic wasn't even that bad, but just having to be mentally checked in as opposed to eyes closed and zoned out that early in the morning just wasn't working for me.

So despite driving 35 miles each way and paying $8 to park for the day, the day was a bust. I wasn't going to let the extra effort go unrewarded though, so I skipped out around 2:30 Friday afternoon as I had put in a couple long days already last week. So Betty goes back to the basement temporarily as we wait for some worthy terrain to become available for consumption.

The weekend was pretty much a bust as well. The gloomy, overcast and threatening skies kept us indoors most of the weekend. I got out briefly Sunday morning to catch a couple early classes as the Rocky Mounts Crits in Louisville, CO. I'm not a big fan of crit races (short loops that do lots and lots of laps), but I wanted to test out the new camera with some moving targets. The crit worked perfectly for that since the .6 mile loop had the peloton passing me every couple of minutes.

The new camera is a large leap in performance and quality over my previous one. The pics come out of the camera and need very little post processing. The focusing is greatly improved, as well as the speed of the camera too. It was kind of nice having dual bodies at the race as well, as I could have one with big glass and the other with a wider angle for some panning shots.

So here's a couple random pics from yesterday:








No comments: