Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Back by popular demand....Jill!



I gotta admit I'm shocked...People would rather read about Jill and her pregnancy than paragraph after paragraph of me talking about bikes and training? Yeah me too...

I do have to admit I've been purposely not doing much posting about Jill as I wasn't sure she really wanted her big 'ol belly posted online for all the world to see, but she actually admitted she was OK with it. She really looks great, so once I got the approval (and called out by Jennifer!), I hopped right to it.

We actually got some really good news this week actually. After a brief scare, Jill got cleared of gestational diabetes. Her "quick" test came back borderline high, but the longer, drawn out test confirmed normal behavior. A huge relief for both of us for sure.

Other than that its business as usual. We're around 75 days off from due date, and Jill's weight gain and growth have been perfect thus far. Our next visit is the exciting visit as we get our next ultrasound, and Thor (we do actually have a real name picked out we both agree on now) should be developing quite nicely by then.

June is packed full with classes for one or both of us. Neither of us has a clue as to what we are doing, so hopefully these classes will walk us through the first 25 years or so. Our spare bedroom has been quickly filling with all sorts of cool things that I am tempted to play with, but to this point I've refrained from doing so. Plenty of time for that...

One last pic from Jill posing with our infant seat/carrier that Shorty bought us, with a sneak peak at Thor's room.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Jill looks so good! It's getting close you guys :)

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to my suggestion for a baby-belly post. Jill looks fantastic - she definitely has that pregnancy glow!

Jennifer Brandt

Charla said...

Big ol' belly? No way! Jill looks great! Blake and I are so excited for you two. We can't wait to see pics of the baby boy when he finally arrives. Congrats on getting the clear on the gestational diabetes test. Too bad Jill had to drink that nasty stuff twice...