Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting back into it.

Well my 4 day life as a professional cyclist (I was getting paid for riding my bike) is about to come to an abrupt end. Its on the road for a couple days tomorrow morning, and time to start on a new project. It was really refreshing to have some time off, especially on the heels of a fast and furious trip to Oklahoma.

The Punisher and I got out on some exploration this week. Two good rides, one of them with about a mile of hike a bike up a steep, sandy section that seemed to go on for about a mile. I felt terrible on the bike our first day out, but the second day I had good legs for most of the day and I had one of the best days on my mountain bike in a very long time.

Jill is finally starting to get recovered from her head cold, but we took our extended weekend very slowly. We didn't do too much, but we did get out to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was OK (I liked Iron Man better), but Jill liked it more than I did. I thought the storyline just got a little too "out there" for me.

Other than that our big excitement was getting the puppies matching alligators from the Dollar Spot at Target. They've been very excited to have their dueling alligators, so we snapped some pics.


Molly seeming very proud of herself


The action shot as the two battle


The aftermath, Molly thinks its about time for a nap

No comments: