Tuesday, October 10, 2006

How did people travel without Ipods? Random Thoughts from the road...

Did people actually travel before Ipods? Seems rather barbaric to me. My Ipod is my savior when I am on the road. Even with that screaming kid up front, the two 6 ft 4" 255lb guys in my row with me, and that freaking jerk in front of me that can't even let the wheels get off the ground before smashing his seat into my knees are all forgotten, temporarily at least, with the soothing sounds of the Ipod.

Yeah sure you're supposed to turn all electronic devices off blah blah blah. Try and turn my Ipod off will be prying it from my cold dead heads (in my best Chuck Heston voice). If I felt that in anyway shape or form that my matchbox sized Ipod with a rechargeable battery and flash memory had even a .000001% chance to interfere with the normal operation of the airplane, I wouldn't think of it but my Ipod just isn't a threat to the safety of an airplane.

So I begin life in the Steel City, land of the Super Bowl Champion Steelers. The Penguins arena is across the street from my hotel, but of course they are out of town until Friday. We've had some good food, but even business expense account free cuisine at the best restaurants in town doesn't taste quite the same when you're eating across from a bald man instead of tremendous brunette with big brown eyes.

So for now I'll try and just get through another day before being able to get back home...

No comments: