Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stepping out on the town.

For Jill's birthday, we had purchased tickets to go see The Lion King musical that is currently running in Denver. I had no expectations, but it was a story I was familiar with and figured would be more my style than something like Les Mis or the like.



So we pulled out the fancy duds from the closet, and got spruced up for a night out. I broke out the suit and tie, and it only took me 2 or 3 tries to get it tied correctly. It was a nice change to get dressed up for a change, especially when you've got a great looking date.

We arrived at the show, and made our way to our seats, which were about 3 rows back, just to the left side of the stage. Soon after we got settled, the lights dimmed and the show started. The opening scene was a booming visual and auditory experience, with characters literally appearing from every direction. The costumes were remarkable and the music impressive.

Words, pictures, descriptions really wouldn't describe the incredibly innovative costumes. The storyline follows the movie pretty closely, but takes on an entirely new life with the actors and their elaborate costumes. So I'll not ramble on too much, but tell you that if you get the chance to see this show you should definitely go see it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I caught the show in T-Town. It exceeded my expectations although the first half was far superior to the second half. I could have left at intermission and been satsified.