Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I say hello, you say goodbye

So much for that 2006 fad, its 2007 time!

2007 is off to a great start. New job is great, Jill and I are having a great time living in Colorado and the puppies have been loving all the snow we've gotten recently. The snow has kept us a little closer to the house at times, but really only altered our plans for a couple days.

Random looks back at the last year...

1. I started this blog thing just about a year ago, with my first post being January 8th and showcasing the brand new Yeti 575 (still love that bike). 117 posts later and I think there are still a few people who read this dribble.

2. I keep adding hobbies. I already had too many hobbies, but in the last year I've added road biking and snow shoeing to an already large list. Both are good alternatives to the other stuff we do (mountain bike, hike, ski, etc).

3. Two good, action oriented vacations (Arizona trip and Grand Teton/Yellowstone). We bit off just about all we could chew a couple times on this trips, most notably the Kaibab Trail in the Grand Canyon and our camping in 8" of snow with sub 20 degree temps at 9,000 feet in Grand Teton.

But we sure got to see some gorgeous stuff




4. The good and bad of biking:
Good - Monarch Crest ride. 35 miles of mountain bike riding, topping out almost at 12,000 feet all on a day I should have been working. Now that is what I call good.





Bad - MS150 Ride. 8 hours of torrential rain and downright cold temps (for July) made the first day a miserable experience. Day 2 was better, but I still hadn't mentally recovered.



5. Favorite Rocky Mountain National Park Visits - Hiking up to Chasm Lake with Jill on Yack's birthday and the hike up to Cascade Falls.





6. The best decision - Switching jobs was a very good decision. Its good to be back in a Solarc/RightAngle related job, and its a nice switch to not be pounding out code daily. My stress level has decreased, which is a good thing for all involved.


And the early start on 2007

1. Darrent Williams getting shot really was a sad event. Although I had never met him, I felt somewhat connected as I've watched him play for the last 6 years. I really only follow the Broncos because they've got several OState players.

2. The Fiesta Bowl was ridiculous. I've never seen such a continuously up and down crazy ending to any game. If you missed it, you owe it to yourself to check out the highlights. And yeah I know the couple of Sooner fans that read this blog probably didn't like the outcome, but you've got to admit that Boise State was impressive when it counted.

3. Training continues - After taking lots of rest days in December, I'm back on track with the training, with intervals starting this week. Things are starting to come together. We skied December 31st, and I felt stronger as the day went on. Can't wait to get back on the trails, December has meant A LOT of time on the trainer. Can't remember the last time I actually got out.

Well thats enough ramblings for now, I've got 364 more days (leap year) to top my 117 posts of last year, so stay tuned.

Best wishes to all for a great 2007.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Welcome to 2007. Still read every new blog post even when I don't comment. Keep 'em coming!