Saturday, March 31, 2007

She's Alive! Ruby Rides Again



There were some tense moments, but Ruby is back together and ready to hit the roads again. Got the new chain this morning from Dave at Redstone this morning, and after a bit of wrenching and tweaking Ruby is ready to go with shifting that seems more crisp than ever before.

Ruby got some new shoes for the season, Michelin Pro2 Race tires mounted to Neuvation R28 SL3 wheels. I had to de-sticker the wheels from their stock form, and may end up pulling off another set (started with 4 sets, took off 2 sets) before I'm done. I'm not sure if I'm in love with the blue sidewalls on the Pro2 Races, but I thought my Johnny Cash like bike needed a splash of color so maybe they'll grow on me. Either way they should be considerably faster (and lighter) than the stock Roubaix Expert tires that come on the bike.

Couple quick pics from my neighborhood shakedown ride.



1 comment:

Chris said...

I think I like the blue. Glad you're fixed up better than new. Nice rear der too :p