Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Fools on the Hills



The apparently annual visit from my cousin Barry & his offspring Kade came has come and gone, and just like last year not without a whole lot of laughs. We grabbed some dinner with Barry, Kade, and his parents on Sunday and setup a ski day for Tuesday. Nothing beats a skip work sunny ski day. Well maybe an epic mountain bike ride when you should be working but I digress...

Kade is a year older, just as ornery and grinned all day as he skied. Well he grinned up to the point where he wiped out and scraped his face up a bit, but he bounced back quickly. Kade had the speed snow plow mastered, although turning still eludes him at this point. I'm guessing with two more days and Barry's watchful eye, he'll be carving it up by the time they head back to Oklahoma.



We skied all over, finding conditions from solid ice to slush to packed powder depending on where we skied. The one consistent thing was no lift lines and lots of sketchy, bordering on out of control spring breakers. I've been there, I understand but its nice to have the skills to just dodge and outrun the newbies.



And for the grand finale, here is some hand-held footage shot from my digital camera. I started the movie mode, wicked up the pace and skied up on Kade. Notice the impressive cinematography as I pan when I catch him. I smell Oscar....

No comments: