Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The arrival

My new (to me) road bike showed up today. It is in as good, probably better condition that I expected. It literally looks like it came straight off the showroom floor. It is very, very light at just under 18lbs with pedals.

I haven't really gotten a chance to ride it yet, just getting it reassembled from packing and setting it up to work with my Polar HRM/bike computer. The sizing is pretty much perfect, although I will probably end up adjust the stem at some point. I'm going to give it a good ride and see how it feels before making any adjustments.

My plan is to ride it to/from work tomorrow, but I may go ahead and drive and then just do a lunch ride to shake out all the setup issues. We'll see how excited I am about it tomorrow morning.

Anyway, here are a few quick pictures that I snapped. The bike is black, but has some carbon showing through in the middle of the tubes, which looks pretty slick IMO.



1 comment:

Chris said...

Damn that thing looks sweet!